What is the Colorado DECA Alumni Association?
The Colorado DECA Alumni Association is a network of former DECA members interested in staying involved with Colorado DECA by lending their professional expertise and passion for the organization to enrich the experience of current High School DECA Members. There are a number of ways for alumni members to contribute to the organization as well as opportunities for members to enrich their own professional lives through their membership.
Alumni members are invited to contribute to the organization as they see fit at the chapter, state, and international levels of the organization and are awarded and recognized for their membership. A Colorado DECA Alumni Association membership is one of the best opportunities available to give back to the organization that helped prepare us for our own professional careers.
What is included in an an Alumni Association membership?
The following opportunities are available to Alumni Association Members:
- Sponsor competitive and leadership events and scholarships
- Attend and participate in DECA fundraising events
- Participate as keynote speakers and workshops presenters for district and state conferences and other events
- Judge competitive events at district and state conferences and mock competitions
- Provide job shadowing and internship opportunities to current DECA members
- Coach students on competitive events and prepare students to run for Chapter, State, or National office
- Volunteer in other capacities as needed
- Attend regular networking events with other alumni members (2-4 times per year)
How to Join
- Complete and submit the alumni membership form
- Pay annual membership dues
What you will receive
- Information on upcoming opportunities to participate or contribute to the organization
- Receive regular newsletter updates from Colorado DECA
- Invitations to alumni-only networking events
- The opportunity to make a difference