DECA’s programs and activities have constantly evolved as we use the latest technology and apply cutting edge educational research. Our core focus has remained consistent and is captured in our mission.
Our guiding principles explain how we fulfill our mission by addressing what we do and the outcomes we expect. DECA enhances the preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, applying learning in the context of business, connecting to business and the community and promoting competition. Our student members leverage their DECA experience to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders.
ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
Our attributes and values describe DECA’s priorities and standards. We value competence, innovation, integrity and teamwork.
DECA is organized into two unique student divisions each with programs designed to address the learning styles, interest and focus of its members. The High School Division includes 210,000 members in 5,000 schools. The Collegiate Division (formerly known as Delta Epsilon Chi) includes over 15,000 members in 200 colleges and universities.
DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization with members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state and international departments of education authorize DECA’s programs.
VIDEO: DECA – See For Yourself
- To prepare marketing education students to take their proper places in the business world.
- To develop leadership characteristics.
- To develop self-confidence and self-acceptance.
- To develop a greater understanding of our competitive free enterprise system.
- To further develop occupational competencies needed for careers in marketing, merchandising, and management.
- To develop high ethical standards in personal and business relationships.
- To develop effective international relationships.
- To develop a greater awareness of career opportunities in marketing.
- To develop greater proficiency in communication.
- To develop greater appreciation of the responsibilities of citizenship.
- To develop a healthy competitive spirit.
- To develop social and business etiquette.